- Trim off excess fat from beef roast and season meat all over with salt and pepper. Pour beef broth, condensed french onion soup, red wine, Montreal seasoning, onion powder, into your slow cooker. Place your beef roast into the liquid. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Remove roast and let it rest, covered in aluminum foil, about 15 minutes.
- Slice the beef roast into thin slices and return to your slow cooker on low for an additional 30 minutes.
- Slice and sauté onions.
- Lightly toast french rolls.
- Divide beef onto the rolls. Evenly distribute cheese and onions on top of the meat. *the cheese should lightly melt. But you may need to place sandwich under the broiler briefly to melt the cheese.
- Serve with a small bowl of au jus.